Wilmington Personal Injury Lawyer for Car Accidents, Crashes, and Other Injury
Injuries caused by others – including car and vehicle crashes, falls, or even dog attacks – can happen in an instant. The results of the injuries, however, can last a lifetime.
Tragically, crashes and other matters can result in death. If you have lost a family member due to the negligence or wrongful actions of another, please accept my condolences. I know that deaths can leave a void that can never be fulfilled. It is especially difficult when these actions are caused by deliberate, reckless actions, such as drunk and impaired driving, and texting while driving.
As an injury lawyer serving Wilmington families and clients in the surrounding areas, I provide tenacious, dedicated representation to those who are injured, as well as to the families have lost a loved one, due to the negligence, wrongful actions, and reckless behavior of others. The types of matters for which I provide representation include:
- Car accidents and crashes
- Truck crashes
- Bicycle accident
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bites
- Product liability
- Slips and Falls
- Other injury matters
The Statute of Limitations
When an injury or death occurs, what is known as the “statute of limitations” governs the timing by which a lawsuit needs to be filed in order to proceed. If a lawsuit is not filed within the applicable period of time, an injured person (and the family who has lost a loved one) will be barred from bringing a claim.
In Massachusetts, the statute of limitations varies depending upon the type of claim that is brought. Additionally, if an injury or wrongful death lawsuit is to be brought against a city, state, or the federal government, there are additional requirements and conditions that may affect not only the statute of limitations, and there may be certain other required filings that must be made.
As a result, if you have been injured through the result of negligence on behalf of another person, or if a family member has died as the result of the fault of someone else, it will be in your best interests to seek an experienced Wilmington personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
How I Help Wilmington Families in Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
I provide dedicated, experienced representation in all aspects of an injury claim. My representation often involves:
- Retaining experts to conduct accident and crash scene investigations
- Deposing other parties, witnesses, and experts offered by the defense
- Working with physicians and other medical experts to learn more about the injuries that have occurred, the prognosis for recovery, and additional medical treatments that may be necessary
- Carefully documenting lost past wages
- Working with insurance companies and bill collectors regarding the status of a case and collection efforts
- Seeking compensation from an injured driver’s own insurance company, if there is applicable coverage
- Seeking to document the full extent of the pain and suffering endured by an individual and their family, as well as the family members who have lost a loved one
- Document the cost of damaged or destroyed property, such as vehicles that have been totaled
- Working with experts to identify medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages for future matters so that these matters can also be brought in the claim.
These are only some examples how I help and the damages and compensation that may be applicable; you case may have different or additional matters.
Do You Have a Case? Call for a Free Consultation and Learn Your Options
In the case of an injury or death caused by someone else, it’s important to contact an experienced injury lawyer as soon as possible. In addition to the statute of limitation deadlines, in some cases – especially those involving car and truck crashes, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents – it will be important to conduct a thorough accident scene investigation before changes occur.
To learn more about how I and my firm can help, I would invite you to call me for a free consultation. Injury and wrongful death cases are accepted on a contingency fee basis, meaning that there is no fee unless I am able to secure compensation through a settlement or trial verdict.
Unless other arrangements are made, I also advance the costs of litigation in Wilmington injury and wrongful death cases, which can be substantial, so that you and your family will not have to be concerned about paying these costs while your case is being litigated.