Andover Personal Injury Lawyer, Criminal Defense & OUI Attorney
As a personal injury lawyer and criminal defense and OUI attorney, I know that clients call me during very difficult times. You may have been injured, or a family member may have died, as the result of a tragic car accident or truck crash. You may find yourself facing serious criminal charges. Or you may have been pulled over and charged with Operating Under the Influence.
My role is to provide tenacious advocacy and representation on your behalf in whatever matter you may be facing.
Andover Personal Injury Representation and Wrongful Death
If your case involves an injury, my job is to investigate to identify all those liable, prove legally liability and damages, and to seek hold those responsible accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
It’s important to understand that in a personal injury matter, there is only one opportunity to recover full damages in litigation. As a result, in addition to identifying all past damages (including pain and suffering), future damages must also be identified. Future damages could include future surgeries, associated pain and suffering, other medical and rehabilitation costs, and damages such as the loss of companionship if, for example, you may no longer be able to participate in athletic events with your children due to your injuries.
Wrongful Death Matters
In the case of a wrongful death, my role is to obtain full compensation for the loss of your loved one. In many cases, the person killed may be a parent responsible for providing for a family. Not only must the family cope with the tragic loss, but the family will undoubtedly suffer financially (which should never be the case).
Under the law, in addition to medical and other damages occurring from the death, the family will be entitled to the present value of the lost wages that would otherwise have been earned by their loved one. The amount of lost wages requires the input from experts on wage calculation matters. Factors that will need to be considered will include the age of the person at the time of death, current compensation, likely promotions and wage and salary increases, and the number of remaining working years.
What You Should Know About My Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Representation
- My focus is obtaining a full and fair settlement for your injuries and damages, not a low-value, quick settlement. In cases involving serious injury or wrongful death, often meticulous and pain-staking work must be undertaken in order to prove liability and damages. If an acceptable settlement cannot be obtained, I (and my clients) are well-prepared to go to trial and to present our case to a jury.
- In many cases, particularly those involving vehicle accidents, an insurance company for the other driver will often be significantly involved in settlement negotiations. Over the course of years of practicing law, I have represented many clients against insurance companies, and I understand how they work and the type of proof they require in order to engage in meaningful settlement negotiations.
- I will be there for you when you need me. If you’ve been serious injured, you likely will have many questions about your case and litigation. Additionally, you may miss work, you may have significant medical bills and collectors demanding payment, and you may be entitled to compensation under personal injury protection (PIP) or other disability insurance. As part of serving as your injury lawyer, I will also assist in helping you obtain the immediate insurance benefits to which you may be entitled, and will assist in explaining to medical providers and bill collectors that I am representing you in litigation in seeking compensation for injuries and medical expenses.
For more information on specific injury matters, please see these pages:
Andover Criminal Defense Lawyer for Drunk Driving, Felonies, and Other Matters
As an experienced criminal defense attorney, my focus is on protecting the rights of those charged with all types of crimes in Massachusetts. I provide a vigorous defense in all cases, ranging from traffic tickets to serious felonies.
I know what is at stake – your reputation, substantial fines, and potential incarceration.
As part of my criminal defense practice, I will:
- Challenge prosecutors and their theories of a case.
- Seek to have evidence excluded if there is a legal basis to do so. In many cases, if evidence can be excluded (such as evidence arising from an illegal traffic stop), the prosecution must dismiss a case is sufficient admissible evidence to support a conviction does not exist.
- Fully represent clients in all aspects of their case. You have the right to remain silent so that you do not have to say or take any action that may incriminate you; I can speak on your behalf.
- Advise you as to the merits of your case, the options that you may have for seeking a lesser charge or taking your case to trial. It’s important to note that I do not assume that it will be in the best interests of a client to plead guilty to a lesser charge; my initial goal is to seek a full dismissal of all charges whenever possible.
- Work tenaciously on your behalf concerning how you wish for me to proceed. This may include seeking a plea to a lesser offense if charges cannot be dismissed, or it may be going all-out in seeking a full win and not guilty verdict at trial.
If you’ve been charged of a crime, retaining an experienced Massachusetts criminal defense lawyer will be in your best interests. I would invite you to call me for a free consultation and to learn how I can help.
In the interim, for more information about specific matters, please see the following links: