Lowell Car Accident Lawyer for Vehicle Crashes
I provide experienced and tenacious representation to the victims of car, truck, and other vehicle crashes occurring in Lowell and the surrounding towns and communities. Here is what you should know about my firm’s representation:
- I personally will be handling all aspects of your case. Unlike other law firms that rely heavily on office staff to handle most aspects of an injury case, I am a sole practitioner and heavily involved in case–specific matters. As a result, if you retain me, you will be working directly with me for your case.
- I’m available when you need me. I know that clients often need to talk to their attorney outside of their work hours, including nights and weekends. To the extent possible, I will be available at your convenience.
- I take on a limited number of cases. I believe that every client deserves the full attention of an attorney during his or her case. As result, I limit the number of cases accepted so that I can give the proper attention required to all clients.
- I work tirelessly toward obtaining full compensation for clients in all injury cases. If you’ve been injured, you deserve a lawyer who will go the extra mile on your behalf, and who will be completely focused on getting you full compensation.
- I position injury cases for trial early in litigation. I take a different approach than many other injury attorneys. I work meticulously at the outset of a matter to construct a strong case for clients. Then, my role is to seek full compensation from all defendants through negotiation, and sometimes also mediation.
By doing the diligent work at the outset, my clients are in an advantageous position for securing full compensation through settlement. If a settlement is not achieved, clients are then well–positioned for trial.
My approach is different than many other law firms that seek to postpone the difficult work of fully developing a client’s case until it appears that trial is inevitable. I believe that this approach does not work as well, as in settlement negotiations clients are not in an optimal position for securing full compensation if a case has not been significantly developed.
The Role of Insurance Companies in Vehicle Crashes
It’s important to understand that if you have been the victim of a car or other vehicle crash and have been injured, in most cases when seeking compensation there will be an insurance company on the other side representing the driver causing the crash. These insurance companies have teams of lawyers and adjusters, and do not care about your damages or injuries.
Instead, their primary focus is on minimizing liability for their insured (the other driver) and saving their own company money. This is even the case if you have the same insurance company as the driver who hit you.
Your Car Crash – What You Need to Know
If you’ve been involved in a car or vehicle crash in Lowell caused by someone else, here’s what you need to know:
- It will be in your best interest to retain an experienced car crash lawyer as soon as possible in order to best protect your rights, and also to have the best opportunity to obtain full compensation.
- If the driver causing the crash has insurance, in most cases a claims adjuster for the insurance company will try to call you as soon as possible after the accident. They are trained to be empathetic during these calls, but their real objective is to get you to make statements about the crash that are against your own interest. In most cases, they will work aggressively in seeking to obtain a recorded statement from you.
- If you have been hurt in a car crash you should never give a statement, recorded or not, to an adjuster for the other driver’s insurance company. Instead, you should tell them that you are intending to retain legal counsel (or that you have retained legal counsel) and that your attorney will be contacting their company.
- In Massachusetts, there is a requirement that an accident report be filed in the cases of vehicle crashes involving injury or damages over $1,000. I assist with preparing and filing this report on behalf of clients.
- In most cases, even after paying legal fees (which I charge on a contingency fee basis, meaning that there is only a fee if you recover) you will end up with more money than if you had represented yourself if your injuries and damages have been severe.
- Insurance companies for drivers at fault love cases in which injured drivers and passengers do not seek legal representation. They will still use their lawyers – just because you choose not to retain a lawyer does not mean that they won’t use a lawyer for their client.
In the case of self–represented injury victims, insurance companies know that such victims will almost never take their case all the way to trial. As a result, the potentially large damages that might result when a case is tried before a jury will be a very remote risk. Insurance companies, therefore, will typically offer nuisance value in these cases, even if severe injuries have been sustained.
- The exception for self-representation – if you have received only very minor injuries in a car crash (perhaps a small cut that required stitches) and several months have gone by since your crash and you are sure that you have not sustained any other injuries or damages, and the amount that you are seeking is relatively small (such as less than $5,000) and you have proof of the medical costs were sustained, it may be in your best interest to seek a recovery from the insurance company on your own. If the insurance company will not pay the damages you are seeking, then an attorney can be engaged.
If you call me and let me know about the facts and circumstances of your case, I can advise you as to whether it would be best for you to seek such a recovery for cases involving small claims on your own as a first step, or if I can help in seeking higher damages.
Call Me to Learn How I Help
I offer a free consultation, and provide representation for the victims of car accidents and vehicle crashes on a contingency fee basis. This means that I will only receive a fee if a recovery is obtained.
More Information About My Injury & Accident Practice
WORTH THE MONEY! I hired Paul King for a motor vehicle infraction and I am very impressed with his legal representation. He was professional, sincere, and did all the talking for me. He convinced the hearing officer and the magistrate that I was a safe and responsible driver. I was found not responsible and I would hire him again in the future!!
Google Review 5 Stars – L.B.